Tuesday, July 10, 2012

NLOTD: Nail Look Of The Day

Hai ~

Today's look was inspired by the new flakie top coat trend with a very natural pink base. 




For the pink base, I used 'You Callin' Me A Lyre?' from OPI's New York City Ballet Softshades 2012 Collection. 


'You Callin' Me A Lyre?' is a beautiful jelly polish with a delicate petal pink hue. It is a sheer polish so it will take about 3-4 coats for it to be opaque. For my nail look, I applied two coats because I don't mind the VNL (visible nail line). But overall, I am in love with this color. It looks great on its own and honestly, I would love to have this color on my nails for my wedding. <3

For the flakie, I used Essie's 'Shine of the Times' from their Luxeffects Collection. 

What I absolutely love about this flakie is how many colors it reflects depending on the angle. At this angle, you can see everything from blue and purple to red, orange, and yellow.


Here is another angle with more light. You can see on my nails that the red, orange and yellow flecks are more prominent here. Also, this picture is a better match to how 'You Callin' Me A Lyre?' looks in real life. It's more of a lighter baby pink then the darker pinkish nude in the previous picture. For the wear time, I usually have good luck with OPI and Essie polishes with no chipping until about the third or fourth day which is good for me. I'm rough with my hands. ^^ These polishes were no exception.


Lastly, a picture of the nail products used. I've been trying out Essie's 'Good To Go' Rapid Dry Top Coat over my favorite 'Seche Vite' top coat. Honestly, there isn't much difference between them except Essie's 'Good To Go' doesn't become as thick and viscous as 'Seche Vite' does over time. But 'Seche Vite' has a slightly shinier finish than Essie's. As for the fast dry time, they are pretty comparable to each other. 'Seche Vite' does seem to dry just a tad quicker. Overall, I think both of them are great top coats. It's ultimately up to personal preference. :3

Thank you for reading! <3





Disclaimer: All products were purchased by myself. I am not being paid to review or purchase these items. My opinions are always honest but please take all my reviews with a grain of salt. What works for me may not always work the same for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment